Search

Firetruck

Tavistock Fire Engine

 
new-firetruck.jpg1926 Model T Ford

This chemical truck was purchased new for the Tavistock Fire Department on October 25, 1926

The body and fire equipment were manufactured by the Lorne Tractor Company of Ingersoll, Ontario. The truck served Tavistock from 1926 until 1950 and was then sold.

It was purchased by South Easthope Mutual Insurance Company and returned to Tavistock in September of 1989. The company restored the truck and presented it to the Tavistock Firefighters Association to be used in parades and special events.

FireTruck01.jpgFireTruck02.jpg
FireTruck03.jpgFireTruck04.jpg
FireTruck04.jpg

Image Map